Drinks & Shakes
About Drinks & Shakes
Nutritional drinks and shakes are beverages specifically designed to provide nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, that are missing from a person’s diet. They are also a useful workaround for those who can no longer safely eat solid foods.
While numerous types and varieties of supplemental nutrition beverages exist, they all have the same basic goal: to give the consumer a balanced diet of superior protein, complex carbs, and, occasionally, fat.
Nutrition drinks are easy to prepare and can be consumed quickly, and we offer nutritional drinks with features such as:
- Clear Liquid which offers a refreshing, clear alternative to creamy shakes.
- Diabetic Nutrition supplies, which are specially formulated to provide vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that are beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Everyday Nutrition Drinks which provide a balanced source of nutrients that help you reach your daily recommended intake of vitamins and minerals.
- Fiber Rich Drinks help you meet your daily fiber requirements. Some formulas also stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon which break down undigested food and aids in the absorption of nutrients.
- High Calorie options are a good way to get additional calories for those who want to gain weight. They can be used as a meal replacement or supplement, and are available in powder form or ready made drinks.
- High Protein Shakes are another good way to get additional calories and protein if you are trying to gain weight or build muscle. They can be used as a meal replacement or supplement.
- PKU Drinks are used to provide the body with the phenylalanine it needs while keeping levels under control. PKU nutritional drinks are low in protein and high in carbohydrates, which help to keep phenylalanine levels in check. They are also often fortified with vitamins and minerals to help meet the needs of people with PKU.
- Protein Powder is designed to provide a quick and easy way to consume additional protein. They typically contain a high proportion of protein, as well as other nutrients such as carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals.
How to Choose:
Are nutrition shakes good for you?
The nutritional shakes we carry here at Carewell are formulated to nourish the bodies of those with special dietary needs. Nutritional shakes can make for a healthy choice for those who are at nutritional risk, experiencing involuntary weight loss, or are on a fluid-restricted or volume-limited diet.
What are the best nutritional drinks for seniors?
Many seniors have special dietary needs and nutritional shakes can help those needs be met. Whether a senior is having trouble swallowing or is experiencing loss of appetite, nutritional drinks can help ensure a person is receiving proper, daily nutrition.
The best nutritional drink will be calorie-rich, include essential vitamins and minerals, and taste pleasing. To find out more about which nutritional drink is best for seniors, check out our Nutrition Drinks for Adults and Seniors for 2021: Top Picks article.
What are the best nutritional supplement drinks for cancer patients?
Cancer patients may experience a loss of appetite due to symptoms from the disease or as a side effect of treatment. Nutritional drinks and shakes can help those patients receive the nutrition they need. A mild, pleasing flavor like that of Boost Very High Calorie drink in vanilla can make a good choice given it is both appealing and nourishing, with 22 grams of protein and 530 calories in each serving.
What is considered a nutritional drink?
A nutritional drink is a beverage that is:
- Specifically designed to provide nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, that are missing from a person’s diet.
- Typically high in calories and used as a meal replacement or supplement.
We offer a variety of popular brands of nutritional drinks such as Ensure, Boost, and Carnation Instant Breakfast.
What are the best nutritional supplement drinks for renal patients?
A patient following a renal diet will want to find a nutritional drink or shake that is low in sodium, phosphorous, and protein. The Novasource Renal Oral Supplement is specifically developed to meet the needs of renal patients, including fluid restrictions.
Nutrition Drinks for Adults and Seniors for 2021: Top Picks Diet and Nutrition Tips for People with Parkinson’s Top Boost Nutritional Drinks Ranked