About Adult Diapers with Tabs
What to Know About Adult Diapers with Tabs
Taking care of someone struggling with incontinence issues is a routine occurrence for many. Leakage, skin irritation, and finding a comfortable fit are common problems we want to help you solve so you can have a peace of mind while caring for someone with incontinence.
Adult diapers with tabs are ideal for:
- Those who have a caregiver to change them.
- Those who have low mobility, or who are bedridden.
- Those who want the extra confidence in their product if they have experienced leakage in the past.
- Those with heave urinary or bowel incontinence.
- Those that need a bariatric sized product (an 80-inch waist or above).
What are the tabs on diapers for?
Tabs allow for a contoured fit and keep the diaper secure and in place. Adult diapers with tabs are an ideal solution for anyone who experiences incontinence throughout the night and is looking for a way to stay dry and comfortable.
How tight should diaper tabs be?
Tabs should be snug, but not uncomfortably tight for the wearer.
Are tab style briefs unisex?
Yes! All tab style briefs are unisex.
How do I put a tab-style diaper on my loved one?
There are a few ways to put a tab-style product on a loved one, and the easiest one tends to be while they’re lying in bed.
- Start by rolling your loved one onto their side.
- Fold the product lengthwise (like a “hotdog”), and slide it between their legs, making sure the tabbed side stays in the back.
- Fan the backside out across their behind, then gently roll them back onto it.
- Pull the front panel up over their belly and fasten the tabs snugly. If the product is the right size, there will be no gaps around the leg holes, and the core will be resting snugly against the body (not hanging too low).
How do I put a tab-style diaper on myself?
To put a tab-style product on yourself, we have are two methods:
- Fasten the tabs to the front of the product before you put it on, creating the shape of underwear.
- Step into the product as you would traditional underwear (most customers prefer to do this while sitting on a chair or toilet).
- After the product is on, tighten the tabs until the product feels secure against your body.
- Open the brief and place it on a chair (with the inside of the brief facing up), then sit on it.
- Pull the front panel up across the body and fasten the tabs.
Choose whichever of these two methods makes you feel the most comfortable!
What are the most absorbent briefs?
Our Overnight Briefs with Tabs are the most absorbent we offer. These also typically come with features like breathable backing and an odor guard, so you can enjoy comfortable, all-night sleep.
How often do I need to change a tab-style diaper?
How often a loved one needs to be changed really depends on how often they’re voiding, and regular changes are important to protect skin health and ensure maximum comfort. Each product comes with a wetness indicator that changes colors, alerting you that your loved one needs to be changed. Additionally, tab-style products should always be changed immediately if a bowel movement occurs.
How do I change an adult diaper?
To change a tab-style diaper:
- Start by resting your loved one on a disposable underpad. These absorbent pads can protect your furniture from any spills that may occur during changes.
- Remove the existing diaper. It can help to roll your loved one onto their side and slide the product between their legs.
- Cleanse your loved one. Extra large hygienic wipes are twice the size of baby wipes, and can help keep your hands clean.
- Apply a perineal cleanser and/or a barrier cream. For an extra layer of cleanliness, or if your loved one is experiencing rashes, you may want to use a perineal cleanser to ensure your loved ones’ most sensitive areas are protected. For loved ones experiencing diaper rash, barrier creams can protect the skin from moisture associated with incontinence.
- Put on the fresh tab-style brief. Start by rolling your loved one onto their side.
- Fold the product lengthwise (like a “hotdog”), and slide it between their legs, being sure that the tabbed side stays in the back.
- Fan the backside out across their behind, then gently roll them back over onto it.
- Afterward, pull the front panel up over their belly and fasten the tabs snugly. If the product is the right size, there will be no gaps around the leg holes, and the core will be resting snugly against the body (not hanging too low).