About Non-Slip Socks & Slippers
If you are concerned about your loved one slipping on hardwood floors or tile surfaces, we carry non-slip socks that provide extra traction and grip to help prevent falls. These non-skid socks can also help to keep feet warm and dry.
Features caregivers love:
- To help accommodate loved ones with edema or large ankles, non-skid ankle slippers have larger openings
- Both non-skid socks and non-skid ankle slippers are color coded by size
- In addition to preventing falls (especially at night time), non-slip socks are soft and comfortable
What are nonslip socks called?
Nonslip socks are often called “gripper socks” and are designed to prevent slipping. They bottoms are usually made from a material with a high friction coefficient, such as rubber or latex.
Do socks prevent falls?
Socks with grippers and non-skid dots help to prevent falls better than regular socks.
How do I clean slipper socks?
Slipper Socks are machine washable, but you can hand wash these socks if you choose. To hand wash your slipper socks:
- Turn the socks inside out, allowing for proper cleaning of the inner lining.
- Use gentle soap (or a gentle shampoo if handwashing)
- Remove excess water