About Thick-It Clear Advantage Thickened Water, Nectar Consistency
When swallowing becomes difficult due to dysphagia or other swallowing disorders, or for seniors with a sensitive gag reflex or neurological conditions that make eating and drinking difficult, meal times and staying hydrated may feel stressful or even produce anxiety. One favorable solution for those experiencing such difficulties is Thick-It Clear Advantage Thickened Water. Thickened water tastes very similar to regular tap or bottled water, the only real difference is the consistency. Thick-it Clear Advantage uses Xanthan gum to increase the viscosity of the pure Artesian mineral water, creating a mild level (nectar) consistency -- similar to a creamy soup. This consistency slows down the flow rate of liquids, making swallowing easier and decreasing the chance of liquids entering the airway and ending up in the lungs; therefore lowering the risk of coughing, choking, and aspiration pneumonia. Or to quote grandma, it reduces the risk of “going down the wrong pipe.” You can easily pour and swallow thickened water, but its mouthfeel is noticeably more chunky. Because thickened water contains additives, many people become full quicker than they normally would. Overall, for those experiencing swallowing difficulties due to a variety of reasons, Thick-It Clear Advantage Thickened Water nectar consistency is a great option to have on hand for meals or hydration; as it helps with proper hydration and digestion in addition to making for more enjoyable mealtimes.
Key Benefits & Features
- Made with pure Artesian mineral water that’s ready-to-drink whenever you are.
- Pre-thickened to a nectar consistency, Clear Advantage Thickened Water is flavorless to enjoy alone or in your favorite hot or cold beverages.
- Combines easily with powdered milk, broth, or drink mixes to provide more flavor options for people with swallowing disorders.
- Do not use Thick-It Clear Advantage with infants under the age of 2.
- Thick-It Clear Advantage should only be used with children under the age of 12 in consultation with a physician.
Who Should Be Using This Product?
Anyone who experiences difficulty swallowing can benefit from thickened water. However, before administering it to a loved one, it’s important to consult with a qualified medical professional. Increasing the viscosity of thin liquids, like water, makes them easier to swallow. For seniors with a sensitive gag reflex or neurological conditions that make eating and drinking difficult, thick water allows for proper hydration. In addition, it prevents liquid from entering the trachea, allowing for proper digestion and more enjoyable mealtimes.
How Do You Use or Apply This Product?
- To make the transition from thin to thick fluids as easy as possible, start with small glasses. You may also want to mix in flavor additives like lemon juice or stevia.
- Combines easily with powdered milk, supplements, drink powders, or broth powder substitutes for a variety of beverage or meal options.
- Ready to drink, Clear Advantage thickened water requires no measuring or mixing -- just enjoy chilled, at room temperature, or frozen into a refreshing treat!
- No refrigeration required for storing, making thickened water portable and easy to have on hand. Thick-It Water consistency doesn’t thicken over time.
- Store on shelf for up to 18 months.
- Refrigerate up to 14 days or keep at room temperature for up to 24 hours.
|Calories per Serving||5 Calories|