Filter kits are ideal companions for Cpap machine cleaning and sanitizing. The design of the filter is to convert activated oxygen (O₃) in the air enclosed within the cleaning system into regular Oxygen (O₂) when leaving the SoClean 2 chamber. The activated oxygen is what kills the bacteria and germs it comes in contact with, which can build up over time with daily use of a CPAP machine. The job of the check valve is to prevent water from damaging the equipment’s electronics. Daily cleaning and sanitizing of CPAP machines is beneficial for the performance of the machine as well as its impact on your health. That’s where using a device like the SoClean 2 comes in. It automatically cleans and dries parts of the CPAP machine. SoClean filters and check valves are essential parts for the optimal functioning of your SoClean2 device, which makes having replacement kits on hand a necessity. For daily cleaning on the default cleaning cycle, recommended replacement time is 6 months. When your SoClean filter needs to be replaced, the SoClean unit will let you know by flashing the red, green, and yellow lights all at the same time. These filter kits include one replacement filter with O-ring attached and one replacement check valve suitable for all SoClean2 machines with SC1200 in the serial number. This means that you should need 1 of these replacement kits every 6 months.
Key Benefits & Features
- Cartridge filter kit comes complete with filter and check valve replacements to help keep your SoClean 2 running smoothly
- SoClean 2 Cartridge Filter Kits are quick and easy to install
- Suitable for all SoClean2 machines with SC1200 in the serial number
Who Should Be Using This Product?
Those individuals who have a SoClean 2 CPAP Cleaner and Sanitizer Machine. For optimal cleaning, replace both the filter and the check valve every 6 months if cleaning the SoClean machine daily. SoClean 2 Cartridge filter kits include one replacement filter with O-ring attached as well as one replacement check valve.
How Do You Use or Apply This Product?
When your filter needs to be replaced, your SoClean unit will let you know by flashing the red, green, and yellow lights all at the same time. To make the replacement:
- Pull out the old filter located in the chamber and discard it into the trash.
- Remove the new filter from the packaging. If you see any black particles caused by settling during the shipping process, it is normal. Just wipe off using a cloth.
- Place new filter into the chamber.
- Now to replace the check valve. Grasp the barrel of the valve firmly and pull tubing away (you made need to use a twist motion as you pull the tubing away).
- Repeat process for the other end of the valve.
The check valve direction is key, as it must be installed facing the correct way in order to work properly. Here’s how:
- Locate the end of the check valve with two arrows on the label. The arrows should point toward your CPAP machine.
- Grasp the end of the valve and insert the stem into one end of the tubing as far as it will go, nearly touching the end of the valve.
- Repeat the process for the other side of the valve-tubing connection.
- Once the replacement process is complete, reset the SoClean device by pressing and holding the Manual and Hourglass buttons at the same time until the display shows a smiley face.
- Success! Your machine is now ready to use.