Salter Aire Elite Plus Compressor provides air pressure to the nebulizer cup to turn liquid (medications, saline) into a mist for aerosol drug delivery. This allows the medicine to go directly into the lungs, providing fast relief from symptoms such as cough, restricted airways due to an asthma attack, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Aerosol medication is delivered via two, one -way valves and a closed chamber system, thus minimizing medcation waste. If you have a respiratory problem or infection, this light mist can be much easier to inhale than liquid medication or even medication from an inhaler. Nebulizers promote easier breathing by allowing fast delivery of medication into the lungs to help loosen mucus which can be coughed out more easily, and airways relax allowing more airflow in and out of the lungs. This lightweight, durable unit with built-in hand grip makes transporation easy. Plus, you’ll find a convenient tip-proof docking port to hold the medication chamber. Easy to assemble and use, the Salter Aire Elite delivers quiet and effective breathing treatments to help you or your loved one start breathing easier.
Key Benefits & Features
- Includes next-generation home nebulizer compressor, 1 T adapter, mouthpiece, 7 Foot tubing and reservoir tube
- Used to treat asthma, COPD and other respiratory ailments
- Delivers aerosolized medication quickly and efficiently via two one-way valves and a closed-chamber system, minimizing medication waste
- Lightweight, easy to assemble and use tabletop compressor delivers more medicine dosage to patient
- Built-in hand grip for easy transport
- No-Hassle Five year Warranty
Who should use a Salter Aire Elite Plus Compressor Nebulizer?
Compressor Nebulizers help to provide quick medication delivery to the lungs to relax constricted airways and work with your natural breathing. They’re commonly used by those experiencing respiratory ailments such as:
- Short-term conditions like the common cold
- Cystic fibrosis
- Those that find the use of an inhaler difficult
How do you use the Salter Aire Elite Plus Compressor Nebulizer?
The Salter Aire Elite Plus Compressor Nebulizer works by turning liquid (either saline, prescribed medication, or both) into a fine mist that is inhaled through the mouth and nose through a mouthpiece (or mask). To use your nebulizer:
- Set the machine on a hard, level service-- such as a tabletop-- near an electrical outlet. NOTE: Do Not Use extension cord as a power source to compressor.
- Check to make sure airvents on bottom and side are not blocked.
- Wash hands and place liquid into the nebulizer cup.
- Connect the cup to the mouthpiece.
- Using tubing provided in the kit, connect one end to the nebulizer cup and the other to the machine.
- Sit in a comfortable chair and turn the machine on. Breathe normal breaths in through your mouth.
- The pressurized air from the compressor breaks the liquid down into a mist (vapor) which is absorbed into the lungs which provides relief from inflamed airways and easier breathing.
- Absence of a mist indicates that either the medicine and treatment time is complete or disconnected with the mouthpiece and tubing. Simply check the nebulizer cup to assess.
- Turn off the machine when you are done.
- Rinse and air dry the nebulizer cup and mouthpiece.