About Power Neb Ultra Nebulizer Kit
The Power Neb Ultra Nebulizer is a lightweight compressor system designed to quickly provide aerosol medication to your lungs to relieve symptoms such as cough, restricted airways due to an asthma attack, wheezing, and shortness of breath. Treatments may last around 20 minutes or less and may be performed various times throughout the day as symptoms arise or as prescribed by your healthcare provider. A convenient built-in slot for the Nebulizer Kit allows the nebulizer to be used hands free. Complete with a disposable nebulizer, mouthpiece, "T" adapter and reservoir tube, this unit’s piston pump is quiet and efficient. Generating pressurized air at a high velocity, these pumps turn liquid into a mist to deliver a consistent particle size of less than 5 microns, making treatment times fast and effective ways to inhale medication. “T-shape” adapters have no vents, allowing no back flow of medication to exit into the atmosphere. Simply connect the mouthpiece to one of the top ends of the adapter and the nebulizer (medication bowl) to the bottom.
Nebulizers promote easier breathing by allowing fast delivery of medication into the lungs to help loosen mucus which can be coughed out more easily, and airways relax allowing more air flow in and out of lungs.
Used both as a preventative option or with symptom onset, Caregivers and users love the easy use of the Power Neb Ultra as well as how much better they can breathe after treatment! Be sure to consider the Power Neb Ultra Nebulizer for your medical needs and allow it to provide you with consistently exceptional results.
Key Benefits & Features of the Power Neb Ultra Nebulizer Kit
- The Power Neb Ultra Nebulizer delivers consistent particle size of <5 microns for promoting easier breathing by allowing quick delivery of medication for fast treatment times
- Convenient to use, portable, and lightweight - a great choice for those on-the-go
- Unit Dimensions: 6.3" (W) x 3.0" (H) x 5.3" (D)
- Efficient and quiet piston pump makes this ideal for lower noise volume so users can rest while undergoing treatments.
- Complete with disposable and reusable nebulizer kit with mouthpiece, "T" adapter and 7” oxygen tubing.
Who should be using this product?
Nebulizers are for individuals experiencing short term respiratory concerns such as the common cold or those with long-term care needs due to Asthma, COPD, or cystic-fibrosis. Prescribed by health providers, nebulizers help to provide quick medication delivery to the lungs to relax constricted airways and work with your natural breathing.
How do you use or apply this product?
Nebulizers work by turning liquid (either saline, prescribed medication, or both) into a mist that’s inhaled through the mouth and nose through a mask or mouthpiece
- Place liquid into the nebulizer cup.
- Connect the cup to a nebulizer mask or mouthpiece and secure using the adjustable strap (if using a mask).
- Using tubing provided in the kit, connect one end to the nebulizer cup and the other to the machine.
- Turn the machine on and begin to breathe normal breaths in through your mouth.
The pressurized air from the compressor breaks the liquid down into a mist (vapor) which is absorbed into the lungs which provides relief from inflamed airways and easier breathing. Absence of a mist indicates that either the medicine and treatment time is complete or a disconnection with the mask and tubing. Simply check the nebulizer cup to assess.
Clean your nebulizer after each use, and disinfect your nebulizer every other time you use it. Replace masks and nebulizer cups every 4 to 6 months is recommended. If parts become cracked or worn, replace them immediately.
What is the power Neb Ultra Used for?
The Power Neb Ultra Nebulizer is used to provide a fine mist of medication to the lungs to treat a variety of respiratory illnesses. Delivering a consistent particle size of less than 5 microns, treatment times are fast and effective, providing relief from inflamed airways and easier breathing.
How do I use the Power Nebulizer?
- Wash your hands and set up the machine on a level surface
- Fill the nebulizer cup with your prescribed medication and close the lid
- Attach the mouthpiece or mask to the nebulizer cup
- Connect one end of the air compressor hose to the machine and the other to the Nebulizer cup.
- Place the mouthpiece in your mouth (or the mask over your nose and mouth) and turn on the compressor.
- Keep a tight seal on the mouthpiece or mask to ensure all the medicine is delivered to your lungs. Breathe in through your mouth until the medicine is gone (about 15 minutes).
- Turn off the machine when you are done. This unit is intended for intermittent use of no longer than 30 minutes.
- Rinse and air dry the nebulizer cup and mouthpiece/mask.
How do I clean the Power Neb Ultra Nebulizer?
Clean your nebulizer after each use, and disinfect your nebulizer every other time you use it by:
- Remove the mouthpiece or mask and the container for the liquid medicine
- Wash the medicine container and mouthpiece with hot water and dish soap
- Rinse under hot water for 30 seconds, removing soap residue
- Shake off excess water and air dry
- Tubing and compressor (the machine itself) should not be submerged in water. Clean only the outside using a soapy cloth or disinfectant wipe.
How to disinfect your nebulizer:
- Remove the mouthpiece or mask and the container for liquid medicine
- Soak pieces in one part white vinegar, three parts hot water, for one hour
- Allow pieces to air dry
When do I change my nebulizer filter?
Keeping your unit running at its optimum level, it is a good habit to change your filter every 6 months or when it gets wet, clogged or discoloration occurs.
How do I change my nebulizer filter?
Located on the side panel, firmly grasp the filter, pull out of the unit, and discard. Push new filter into position. You can purchase additional filters here
|Comes With||Disposable Med Kit|
|Delivery Method||Mouthpiece Delivery|
|Oxygen Tube Length||7 Foot Oxygen Tubing|
|Usage||Single Patient Use|