MEDIHONEY Wound Paste contains 100% active Leptospermum honey dressing for use on acute and chronic wounds. This dressing supports the removal of necrotic tissue and aids wound healing. The MEDIHONEY Wound Paste is specifically formulated for superficial to full-thickness wounds, including tunneling wounds. This dressing maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue. This wound paste promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing. This dressing is suitable to be worn before, during, or after negative pressure applications, and can safely be used in tunneled wounds or wounds with undermining. This non-toxic, natural, and safe dressing maintains a low pH of 3.5-4.5, maintaining more acidic pH levels within the wound environment, which helps keep the wound on track towards healing. Osmotic potential draws fluid through the wound to the surface, helping to liquefy non-viable tissue.
Key Benefits & Features
- Made with 100% Leptospermum honey dressing for use on acute and chronic wounds.
- Maintains a low pH of 3.5 to 4.5- maintaining more acidic pH levels within the wound environment, which helps to keep the wound on track towards healing.
- Non-toxic, natural, and safe.
- Can be used safely in tunneled wounds or wounds with undermining.
- Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue.
|Application||Wound and Burn Dressing|
|Ingredients||Leptospermum Honey, 100%|
|Storage Requirements||USP Controlled Room Temperature|
|Latex Free Indicator||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex|
Who should be using this product?
Those who have moderate to heavy amounts of exudate or require light packing due to a wound. Such as:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- First and second degree partial thickness burns
- Donor sites
- Traumatic or surgical wounds
How do you use or apply this product?
Apply to the wound as directed. Suitable for extended wear times depending on exudate.