About Skin Care & Beauty
What to Know About Skin Care and Beauty
Our skin is our largest organ and our first line of defense against the outside world, so it's important to take care of it throughout our lives. Aging skin is drier, thinner, and less elastic, and therefore more susceptible to damage from ultraviolet (UV) light, pollution, and other irritants. Therefore, a good skin care routine can help protect aging skin, keep it healthy, and feel its best.
We offer skin care supplies such as powders and moisturizers to help caregivers keep loved ones clean and dry. If your loved one struggles with incontinence and needs to protect skin against chaffing and rashes, we offer lotions to help protect the skin from irritants and help seal out wetness. If you are experiencing dry or cracked skin, we have creams, moisturizers, and lip balm to keep your skin hydrated.
We also have deodorants to protect against wetness and odor, shaving cream, disposable razors, and after shave for personal hygiene care. From defending your skin from insects with our all natural, Deet Free protection to the removal of common warts, we have the supplies you need to take care of your largest organ – your skin.
Consider these solutions to your skin care needs:
- Body Powders: Includes products such as antifungal powders to help relieve itching, burning and irritation associated with common fungal infections to powders that work to help keep you dry to protect your skin against chafing.
- Creams, Lotions, and Moisturizers: These are products that protect and soothe minor cuts, scrapes, and burns, as well as diaper and skin rashes; lotions to relieve chapped or cracked skin, and guard the skin from irritants and seal out wetness; and moisturizers to help improve your skin's firmness and elasticity by helping with hydration.
- Deodorants: Provides protection against wetness and odor, and are available as roll-ons, gels, or sprays.
- Insect Repellent Sprays: Provides all natural, Deet Free protection against mosquitoes, ticks, flies, gnats, no-see-ums and fleas.
- Lip Balms: For the temporary relief of chapped or cracked lips.
- Shaving: Items for personal hygiene care including shaving cream, after shave, and disposable razors.
- Skin Fold Pads: Ultra-thin sheets wick moisture away from the skin and lock it into the absorbent core
- Wart Removers: Medications used on the skin to treat common skin and foot (plantar) warts. Available in pads, gels, and liquid.
What are some common skin problems that affect immobile adults?
The natural aging process causes your skin to become thinner, dryer, and more fragile. Extended periods of immobility can exacerbate these changes, resulting in potentially serious problems, including pressure injuries, diaper rashes, and yeast infections.
Some common pressure injuries that affect immobile adults include pressure ulcers, decubitus ulcers, and bed sores. These injuries can occur when a person is lying in one position for a long period of time and the blood supply is cut off to the area. Routinely checking your loved one’s skin during bathing or diaper changes may be helpful for monitoring any potential skin conditions.
What does a good skin care routine do?
Keeping your skin clean, hydrated and healthy is the benefit of a good skin care routine, and it can help to prevent and treat skin conditions like acne, eczema and dry skin. A good routine should include cleansing, exfoliating, moisturizing and protecting your skin from the sun.
What does barrier cream do?
Barrier creams typically contain one or more of the following ingredients: zinc oxide, petroleum jelly, lanolin, beeswax, or mineral oil. These ingredients work to create a barrier on the skin that prevents moisture and irritants from coming into contact with the skin. Barrier creams can be applied to the skin before exposure to potential irritants, or they can be used to treat existing skin conditions such as eczema and diaper rashes.
What is the best skin care routine for aging skin?
A skin care routine for aging skin should include a gentle cleanser, a moisturizer, and a sunscreen with at least SPF 30. Cleansing helps remove dirt, oil, and makeup from the skin. Moisturizing helps keep the skin hydrated and protects it from environmental damage. Sunscreen helps protect the skin from damage from UV light.