Thick-It Puree Mixed Fruit and Berry is a delicious and easy meal-time treat specifically designed for those who experience difficulty swallowing. Developed by a registered dietician and made with real fruit varieties, each ⅓ cup serving size has 50 calories and 11 grams of sugar. This pureed texture meets Level 4 guidelines for dysphagia diet standards (IDDSI), making this a convenient option for bringing nutrition to those with swallowing disorders or anyone on a restricted soft foods diet. Level 4 foods are described as smooth, moist, and thick enough to hold shape on a spoon or plate. These foods do not require chewing, nor do they have separate thin liquids and can not be poured. The liquid is bound to food pulp during the pureeing process, meaning that liquid won’t separate from the food and become difficult to swallow. Thick-it Puree meals are specially designed to be smooth and ready to swallow, minimizing the risk of choking. Made with real fruit such as peaches, apples, blueberries, cranberries, and cherries, Thick-It Mixed Fruit puree offers a convenient, microwaveable mealtime treat. Designed to be healthy, tasty, and easy to use, the pureed consistency makes it easier to swallow and digest. Caregivers enjoy the fast, easy-to-use puree options available which save time and energy with meal preparation. With consistent texture and nutrition in every serving, caregivers can confidently serve their loved ones comfort foods that will be good, fulfilling, and help satisfy their taste preferences and nutritional needs.
- Developed by a registered dietitian, Thick-It® Purees consistency makes it easier to swallow and digest
- Just open, heat, and serve for a quick, delicious snack or dessert -- can be combined with other Thick-It dessert options to create new exciting flavors.
- Mixed Pureed Fruit texture meets Level 4 guidelines for dysphagia diet standards (IDDSI), making this a convenient option for bringing nutrition to those with swallowing disorders
Who Should Be Using This Product?
Our purées are perfect for anyone experiencing dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing, as well as:
- Those with texture sensitivities
- Those with difficulty swallowing
- Those undergoing cancer treatments
- Those who want a quick, simple treat or snack
- For those needing pureed food after oral surgery
- Those who want a healthier dessert alternative
How Do You Use or Apply This Product?
Thick-it Mixed Fruit puree is already thickened and ready to eat -- no mixing or blending required. Just heat and serve or combine with other Thick-It dessert options to create new exciting flavors. Refrigeration is required after opening. Best to use a food storage container rather than the can itself; for up to 48 to 72 hours. Can be frozen for up to 6 - 8 months.