Thick & Easy® Pureed Meals offer an all new pureed meal solution for those with swallowing difficulties in 6 nutritious and delicious flavor varieties for all meals of the day. Let us help provide you and your family members with consistent quality, exceptional taste and a safe pureed textured meal. It is our simplest preparation yet. There is no refrigeration required for storage. The pureed meals require a microwave for preparation and are ready to serve in 60 seconds.
Key Benefits & Features
- Maple Cinnamon French Toast is a caregiver Favorite
- 14 g of protein per Tray
- Nutritious meals ready in 60 seconds
- Stores well in the pantry with a shelf life of 18 months
- Sold in a pack of 7 trays, for 7 oz servings each tray.
Who Should Be Using This Product?
Our purées are perfect for anyone experiencing dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing. Blended to be smooth and easy to eat, these trays are perfect for single-serve meals. Pureed meals are ideal for:
- Those who need thickened food
- Those with difficulty swallowing or chewing
- Those undergoing cancer treatments
- Those who want a quick, simple meal
- Those who are on a soft foods diet, or those with lactose or gluten-free diets looking for nutritious meals
- Those who struggle to cook meals
- Those with texture sensitivities
- Those looking for something they can use as sole-source nutrition
How Do You Use or Apply This Product?
Pureed meals are quick and easy -- no preparation time needed. Just heat in the microwave and serve. Heating instructions:
- First, vent plastic wrap by puncturing several spots of the plastic film
- Place tray in microwave, heat for 60 seconds on high -- or until hot
- Let cool for 1 minute, and then carefully remove film, as contents and tray are hot.
- Mix well. Serve. Enjoy!
Refrigerate leftovers for up to 5-7 days in an airtight container. Freeze up to 2 weeks in a freezer-safe container. Refrigeration is not required for storage and shelf life is 18 months.
|Manufacturer||Hormel Food Sales|
|Calories Per Serving||280 Calories|
|Flavor||Maple Cinnamon French Toast Flavor|
|Preparation||Ready to Use|
|Calories per Serving||280 Calories|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Total Sugars||27 g|
Water, Eggs (Whole Eggs, Modified Food Starch, Citric Acid Added to Preserve Color), Sugar, Bread Crumbs (Enriched Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid], Turbinado Sugar, Sunflower Oil, Sea Salt, Yeast), Rehydrated Potatoes (Water, Dehydrated Potatoes), Isolated Soy Protein, Contains 2% or less of Butter (Cream [Milk], Natural Flavor [Lactic Acid]), Modified Food Starch, Spice, Salt, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Bisulfite, Mono-and Diglycerides, Corn Syrup Solids, Maple Syrup, Natural and Artificial Flavoring, Caramel Color, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Yellow 5. CONTAINS: EGG, MILK, SOY, WHEAT.
Thick & Easy FAQ's
How is pureed food made?
Our purees are pre-prepared meals that allow you to conveniently microwave and serve food, no blender required. Here’s how they work: Real food is blended into a mashed potato-like consistency. Unlike thin purees, this thicker consistency prevents pureed food from running down the throat and into the lungs Liquid is bound to food pulp during the pureeing process, meaning that liquid won’t separate from the food and become difficult to swallow These meals are designed to be healthy, tasty, and easy to use.
Are Thick-It Purees Kosher?
No, these purees do not qualify as Kosher.
Do Thick-It foods have to be cooked?
Thick-It meals are pre-cooked and ready to reheat and serve. Both stovetop and microwave are options to reheat. Microwave for 30 to 60 seconds on high or stovetop until warm. Stir, let cool 1 minute, and you’re ready to serve!
Is it healthy to eat pureed food?
Pureed meals are a great option for those who need nutrition, but can’t have solid foods. Pureed diets provide more fiber, nutrients, and variety compared to that of a liquid diet.