About TheraHoney Gel Honey Wound Gel, 1.5 oz
TheraHoney Wound Gel features 100% medical grade Manuka Honey with no fillers or additives. High sugar levels (87%) in TheraHoney result in osmotic activity that helps promote autolytic debridement of necrotic tissue. Recommended for difficult to dress wounds with no to moderate drainage, this wound gel provides a moist wound healing environment and helps to rapidly reduce wound odor.
Manuka honey is derived from the pollen and nectar of the Leptospermum scoparium plant in New Zealand.
Key Benefits & Features
- TheraHoney Gel provides a moist wound healing environment to help promote autolytic debridement and clear away necrotic tissue.
- This easy-to-apply gel can be used on wounds with no drainage to moderate drainage.
- Unlike the leading competitor gel, TheraHoney gel contains 100% Manuka.
Who should be using this product?
TheraHoney Wound Gel is recommended for difficult to dress wounds with little to moderate drainage.
Indicated for those with:
- Partial and full-thickness wounds.
- Leg ulcers or Pressure injuries.
- First- and Second-degree burns.
- Diabetic foot ulcers.
- Surgical wounds and trauma wounds under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
- Minor abrasions, lacerations, minor cuts, Minor scalds, and burns.
How do you use or apply this product?
1. Cleanse the wound environment and apply a skin protectant to the surrounding area.
2. Using an applicator or gloved finger, apply about a nickel-size thickness in the wound bed.
3. Cover with a secondary dressing. Change when the honey has become diluted or has disappeared.
*Use as directed by your healthcare professional.
|Latex Free Indicator||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex|