About MEDIHONEY Wound and Burn Dressing Gel
MEDIHONEY Wound and Burn Dressing Gel with Active Leptospermum Honey (ALH) is the global leading medical-grade honey-based product line for the management of wounds and burns. Derived from the Leptospermum species of tea tree, these unique dressings have properties that can be beneficial throughout all phases of the wound healing. Due to its properties, MediHoney products have become a first-line choice among many clinicians to help in the management of acute, chronic and stalled wounds and burns to assist in safe and effective removal of necrotic tissue. This particular MEDIHONEY product contains 80% Leptospermum Honey and 20% Natural Gelling Agents. This wound and burn gel has a low pH of 3.5 to 4.5, to help maintain more acidic pH levels within the wound environment to help keep the wound on track for healing. This non-toxic and natural formula can be safely used in tunneled wounds or wounds with undermining, and can be used before, during and after negative pressure applications. MEDIHONEY Wound and Burn Gel maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue.Key Benefits
- Made with 80% Leptospermum honey dressing.
- Maintains a low pH of 3.5 to 4.5- maintaining more acidic pH levels within the wound environment, which helps to keep the wound on track towards healing.
- Non-toxic, natural, and safe.
- Can be used safely in tunneled wounds or wounds with undermining.
- Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue.
Who Should Use This Product
Those who have moderate to heavy amounts of exudate or require light packing due to a wound. Such as:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- First and second degree partial thickness burns
- Donor sites
- Traumatic or surgical wounds
How Do You Use This Product
Apply to the wound as directed. Suitable for extended wear times depending on exudate.
|Ingredients||Leptospermum Honey, 80% / Natural Gelling Agents, 20%|
|Latex Free Indicator||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex|