MediHoney®, with Active Leptospermum Honey, (ALH) is the global leading medical-grade honey-based product line for the management of wounds and burns. Derived from the Leptospermum species of tea tree, these unique dressings have properties that can be beneficial throughout all phases of the wound healing. Due to its properties, MediHoney products have become a first-line choice among many clinicians to help in the management of acute, chronic and stalled wounds and burns to assist in safe and effective removal of necrotic tissue.
- MEDIHONEY® Gel with Active Leptospermum Honey
- 80% Active Leptospermum Honey with 20% Natural gelling agents.
- Under the supervision of a healthcare professional, MEDIHONEY® GEL WITH ACTIVE LEPTOSPERMUM HONEY dressing provides a moist environment conducive to wound healing and is indicated for non-draining to moderately exuding wounds such as: Diabetic foot ulcers, Leg ulcers (venous stasis ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), Pressure ulcers / sores (partial and full thickness), 1st and 2nd degree partial thickness burns, donor sites, and traumatic and surgical wounds.
- More viscous formulation with increased stability at the wound site.
- Optimal for superficial to full thickness wounds.
- Cleanses and debrides due to its high osmolarity.
- Helps to lower the wound pH, for an optimal wound healing environment.
- Sterile and Latex-free
- Single Use
- Gel: US patent #11/106473 pending and foreign counterparts granted and pending.
- MEDIHONEY is a registered trademark of Medihoney Pty Ltd. and used with permission by Derma Sciences, Inc.
- For more information on MEDIHONEY® please visit www.dermasciences.com/elearning-portal/webinar-series.
|Ingredients||Leptospermum Honey, 80% / Natural Gelling Agents, 20%|
|Latex Free Indicator||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex|