MEDIHONEY Calcium Alginate Dressing contains 100% active Leptospermum honey impregnated into a calcium alginate pad. This dressing supports the removal of necrotic tissue and aids wound healing. The MEDIHONEY Calcium Alginate Dressing is specifically formulated for wounds with moderate to heavy amounts of exudate or when light packing is needed. As wound fluid enters the dressing, the honey is released while the dressing forms a gel. This dressing maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue. Calcium Alginate Dressing is easy to use with potential for extended wear times (depending on exudate) and promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing. This dressing is suitable to be worn before, during, orafter negative pressure applications, and can be used as a cover dressing for skin grafts or substitutes. This non-toxic, natural, and safe dressing maintains a low pH of 3.5-4.5, maintaining more acidic pH levels within the wound environment, which helps keep the wound on track towards healing.
Key Benefits & Features
- While wound fluid enters the dressing, honey is released and the dressing forms a gel.
- Maintains a low pH of 3.5 to 4.5- maintaining more acidic pH levels within the wound environment, which helps to keep the wound on track towards healing.
- This non-toxic, safe, and natural dressing helps stalled wounds progress towards healing, and can be used before, during, and after negative pressure applications.
- Easy to use and can be worn for extended periods, depending on exudate.
- Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood, and tissue.
|Application||Calcium Alginate Dressing|
|Material||Calcium Alginate / Active Leptospermum Honey|
|Latex Free Indicator||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex|
Who should be using this product?
Those who have moderate to heavy amounts of exudate or require light packing due to a wound. Such as:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- First and second degree partial thickness burns
- Donor sites
- Traumatic or surgical wounds
How do you use or apply this product?
Apply to the wound as directed. Suitable for extended wear times depending on exudate.