About Kate Farms Standard 1.4 Sole-Source Nutrition Formula, Plain
Gaining or maintaining weight can be difficult, especially when you aren’t able to tolerate large volumes of food. Kate Farms Standard 1.4 is a higher calorie shake with USDA Organic protein designed to support weight gain and maintenance. Each 325 mL carton delivers 455 calories. It's a beneficial shake for a wide range of medical needs, tastes great, and is suitable for sole source nutrition orally, or through a feeding tube.
Kate Farms Standard Nutrition Formula Key Benefits & Features:
- High calorie & packed with protein. 455 calories and 20 g of organic pea protein in every 325 mL carton make this an ideal formula or shake during cancer treatment and/or pre- and post- surgery.
- Quality ingredients for real benefits. A powerful phytonutrient blend delivers protective antioxidants while functional fats and prebiotic fiber help support healthy digestion.
- Delicious and smooth. Available in vanilla or plain and made with all-natural ingredients for a smooth, creamy taste, and with no artificial flavors or sweeteners.
- Perfect for tube feeding. Standard 1.4 Plain provides the benefits of a whole food diet and flows smoothly through tubes as small as 6.5 Fr without needing to be watered down.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should be using Kate Farms Standard Nutrition Formula?
- Those looking to gain or maintain weight
- Those with gastrointestinal (GI) intolerance
- Those looking for a plant based alternative to nutritional shakes
- Not suitable for infants less than 1 year old
How do I store this product?
Store unopened product at room temperature. Protect from heat and freezing. Use by date printed on top of package. Once opened, replace cap, refrigerate, and use within 24 hours.
How should I consume this product?
- Remove cap to break seal, replace cap, and shake vigorously.
- For drinking: Tastes best chilled—do not heat.
- For tube feeding: Administer at room temperature. Follow healthcare provider instructions for clean handling techniques, flow rate, volume administration, and water flushes. May be used via pump, gravity or bolus as directed by your healthcare provider.
- NOT for intravenous use.
How should I consume Kate Farms Standard Nutrition Formula if I am new to their formula?
- The Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition recommends the following initiation and advancement schedule for pump-assisted feedings:
- Pediatrics: Begin by using just 1-2 mL of formula per kg of weight per hour. Advance by 0.5-1.0 mL per kg per hour every 6-24 hours or as tolerated until goal rate is reached.
- Adults: Begin by using 10-40 mL per hour and advance to goal rate by 10-20 mL per hour every 8-12 hours or as tolerated by the patient.
What if I am transitioning to Kate Farms Standard Nutrition Formula from a different formula?
If you are transitioning from a different formula to Kate Farms, work with your healthcare provider to slowly incorporate Kate Farms with your current formula as tolerated. You can download our Transition Guide to review with your doctor here.
Does Kate Farms Standard Nutrition Formula meet DRI guidelines?
DRI Guidelines: Meets or exceeds 100% of the DRI for 25 of the listed micronutrients and protein at 1000 mL.
Does this product cause GI intolerance?
For patients who use formula for the majority or all of their nutrition, it is common to experience some symptoms of intolerance when beginning Kate Farms or switching from another formula. Common symptoms of intolerance include nausea, stomach pain, gas or bloating, or diarrhea. These symptoms should resolve after just a few days. If you experience these symptoms for longer than a few days, please contact your healthcare provider directly. You may find relief from symptoms of intolerance by transitioning onto Kate Farms gradually.
|Brand||Kate Farms® Standard 1.4|
|Application||Oral Supplement / Tube Feeding Formula|
|Serving Size||11 oz. Serving Size|