Kate Farms Pediatric Peptide 1.5 is a complete nutrition, higher calorie pediatric tube feeding formula made for kids ages 1 to 13 years with trouble digesting. Just because your child has impaired digestion doesn’t mean you have to compromise quality nutrition. While symptom management always comes first, you want to give them the best possible nutrition and until now finding a formula that met both those requirements wasn’t possible.
This organic, plant-based peptide formula features hydrolyzed pea protein, functional fats, and corn-free carbohydrates so your kids are getting the nutrition they need for weight gain and healthy development. Suitable for short or long-term tube feeding.
Kate Farms Pediatric Peptide Nutrition Formula Key Benefits & Features:
- 90.6% gained or maintained weight when switching to Kate Farms. With 375 calories and 13 g of organic hydrolyzed pea protein - the first pediatric tube feeding formula clinically proven to promote weight gain using organic vegan ingredients.
- 90% of parents reported improved tolerance when switching to Kate Farms. Organic hydrolyzed pea protein, MCT oil, and prebiotic agave inulin (fiber) ease digestion and improve tolerance for fewer upset tummies.
- Nutrients for healthy development. Carefully chosen nutrients like choline, inositol, prebiotic fiber and the ideal ratio of Omega-3 and -6.
- Designed for tube feeding. Pediatric Peptide 1.5 provides the benefits of a whole food diet and flows smoothly through tubes as small as 6.5 Fr without needing to be watered down.
Who should be using Kate Farms Pediatric Peptide?
- Made for kids ages 1-13 years
- Those with gastrointestinal (GI) intolerance
- Those looking for a plant based alternative to nutritional formulas
- Not suitable for infants less than 1 year old
How do I store this product?
Store unopened product at room temperature. Protect from heat and freezing. Use by date printed on top of package. Once opened, replace cap, refrigerate, and use within 24 hours.
How should I consume this product?
- Remove cap to break seal, replace cap, and shake vigorously.
- For drinking: Tastes best chilled—do not heat.
- For tube feeding: Administer at room temperature. Follow healthcare provider instructions for clean handling techniques, flow rate, volume administration, and water flushes. May be used via pump, gravity or bolus as directed by your healthcare provider.
- NOT for intravenous use.
How should I consume Kate Farms Pediatric Peptide if I am new to their nutrition formula?
- The Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition recommends the following initiation and advancement schedule for pump-assisted feedings:
- Pediatrics: Begin by using just 1-2 mL of formula per kg of weight per hour. Advance by 0.5-1.0 mL per kg per hour every 6-24 hours or as tolerated until goal rate is reached.
- Adults: Begin by using 10-40 mL per hour and advance to goal rate by 10-20 mL per hour every 8-12 hours or as tolerated by the patient.
What if I am transitioning to Kate Farms Pediatric Peptide from a different formula?
If you are transitioning from a different formula to Kate Farms, work with your healthcare provider to slowly incorporate Kate Farms with your current formula as tolerated. You can download our Transition Guide to review with your doctor here.
Does Kate Farms Pediatric Peptide meet DRI guidelines?
Volume needed to meet or exceed the DRI for protein and 25 micronutrients: 1-3 years old: 2.6 cartons or 650 mL (975 calories). 4-8 years old: 2.8 cartons or 700 mL (1050 calories). 9-13 years old: 4.2 cartons or 1050 mL (1575 calories).
Does this product cause GI intolerance?
For patients who use formula for the majority or all of their nutrition, it is common to experience some symptoms of intolerance when beginning Kate Farms or switching from another formula. Common symptoms of intolerance include nausea, stomach pain, gas or bloating, or diarrhea. These symptoms should resolve after just a few days. If you experience these symptoms for longer than a few days, please contact your healthcare provider directly. You may find relief from symptoms of intolerance by transitioning onto Kate Farms gradually.
|Vit A Palmitate||165mcg RAE|
|Beta Carotene||90mcg RAE|
|Vitamin D||300 IU|
|Vitamin E||10.5 IU|