Kangaroo feeding sets are compatible with the Kangaroo Joey Pump to administer meals by pump feeding over an extended period of time. The anti-free flow safety device feature is ideal for preventing formula from flowing when the feeding pump is not loaded correctly, minimizing the risk of injury or lost formula. These Feeding Bag Sets are engineered to reduce the potential for spills and patient tampering. DEHP-free, these kangaroo bags are safe to use for individuals who are sensitive to DEHP. Kangaroo Joey enteral feeding bags are for single patient use, one bag per set, and come in 500 ml and 1000 ml bags purchased individually or by the case. Feeding bags can be cleaned properly and reused but should be changed every 24. Food (formula) should not be left in the bag for longer than 4 hours, therefore only put 4 hours worth of food (or less) in a feeding bag at a time.
- Anti-Free Flow Safety Feature prevents formula loss
- DEHP Free
- Reduced potential for spills and patient tampering.
- Single patient use
- One Bag Per Set
- Compatible with the Kangaroo Joey Pump
- Comes in 500 ml and 1000 ml - individual or case
Who should use a Kangaroo Joey Enteral Feeding Pump Bag Set?
Kangaroo bags are used with enteral feeding pumps for individuals who can not safely take food or liquids by mouth and use an enteral feeding pump to receive nutrition due to reasons such as difficulty swallowing, eating disorders, or other eating challenges.
How do you use a Kangaroo Joey Enteral Feeding Pump Bag Set?
To use a Kangaroo feeding bag with an enteral pump:
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap.
- Open the plastic cap of the feeding set and pour the amount recommended by your physician or nutritionist. Push down on top of the plastic cap to latch the tab to close.
- Hang the Kangaroo bag at least 6 inches above the pump. Failure to do so may result in inaccurate system feeding.
- Turn on the electronic feeding pump. You have the option to keep prior settings or clear settings.
- Insert the tubing attached to the feeding bag into the feeding pump. Then, remove the cover at the end of the tube attached to the feeding bag.
- Refer to the pump’s instruction manual for “priming” directions. Priming the pump causes the formula to flow to the end of the tubing.
- If you have a programmable pump, input the prescribed “volume to be delivered” (VTBD)
- Set the prescribed infusion rate on the electronic feeding pump.
- Connect the adapter on the feeding bag to your loved one’s feeding tube and begin the meal.
- After the meal is finished, turn off the pump, and rinse out the feeding bag with lukewarm water. Replace your loved one’s feeding bag every 24 hours.
- Flush your loved one’s feeding tube with 30-60 mL of water.
|Application||Enteral Feeding Pump Bag Set|