About Hydrofera Blue Antimicrobial Foam Dressing
Hydrofera Blue Antimicrobial Foam Dressing is an antimicrobial dressing that improves epithelialization, which leads to wound closure and healing, while wicking exudate and debris from the wound bed. The result is creation of a multifaceted, non-toxic healing environment that kills bacteria and reduces bioburden, assisting in the healing process. This antimicrobial foam dressing is Hydrofera Blue’s flagship product. It contains two pigments, methylene blue and gentian violet, in open-celled polyvinyl alcohol (PVA). This antimicrobial wound dressing provides broad-spectrum antibacterial protection, rapid wicking, and exudate retention while assisting in autolytic debridement. All are elements that promote and support wound healing. This product also helps maintain a moist wound environment, which also is important for healthy healing.
Key Benefits & Features
- A foam dressing containing two pigments, methylene blue and gentian violet, in open-celled polyvinyl alcohol (PVA).
- Broad-spectrum antibacterial protection.
- Rapid wicking and exudate retention.
- Assists in autolytic debridement.
- Helps maintain a moist wound environment.
Who should use this product?
- Patients or caregivers treating chronic and acute wounds that are infected or at risk of infection, with varying exudate levels.
- Patients or their caregivers seeking a dressing for rapid and effective wound healing.
How do you use or apply this product?
Applied directly to wounds, like traditional wound dressings.
|Backing Material||Without Film Backing|
|Material||Polyvinyl Alcohol (PVA) Foam / Methylene Blue / Gentian Violet|
|Type||Non-Adhesive without Border|