About Drive Medical Deluxe Bariatric Commode
The drive Medical Deluxe Bariatric Drop Arm Commode works like a standard commode with additional features that improve safety and comfort. It can be used as a raised toilet seat, as a toilet safety frame, or as a bedside commode. Any patient who has difficulty safely coming to a stand will benefit from use of this alternative toileting setup, which has a 1000 lb weight capacity and an adjustable height of 17.5" - 22.” Maybe a patient is non-weight bearing due to injury or surgery, or because of degenerative conditions like MS or Parkinson’s Disease -- in these and similar situations, the ability to swing the drop arm out of the way for easy transfer from bedside to commode is important. Both arms on this bariatric commode have the ability to drop independently of one another by way of a simple button push. The seat of this bariatric drop arm commode snaps on and off to provide easy removability and cleaning, while padding on the backrest and arm rests provide additional comfort.
Key Benefits & Features
- The Drive Bariatric Medical Deluxe Bariatric Drop Arm Commode has a 1000 lb weight capacity and an adjustable height of 17.5" - 22.”
- An easy-to-release arm mechanism (on both arms) allows for safe lateral patient transfers to and from the commode.
- Snap-on seat, padded backrest, and padded armrests in a stable structure.
- 12 qt commode bucket easily slides in from the front of the commode and removes from behind.
- 25.75" width between armrests, 26.25" width outside armrests.
Who should be using this product?
Any patient, who has difficulty safely coming to a stand will benefit from use of the drive Medical Deluxe Bariatric Drop-arm Commode.
How do you use or apply this product?
Place the drop arm commode adjacent to the bed, adjusting it to be level with the bed. The patient can then be transferred with or without caregiver assistance.