Bardia Foley Catheters help drain urine from the bladder and prevent waste from building up in the renal system, reducing the risk of urinary tract infections and kidney failure. These indwelling, 2-way catheters have 2 opposing eyes for drainage and are made from silicone-coated latex that rejects moisture, reducing irritation to the urethra. Two-way catheters have two channels - one channel to used to drain urine while the other channel fills the retention balloon. Inflate the retention balloon to securely hold the Foley indwelling catheter. This catheter has a 30 cc balllon size and are available in various catheter sizes (fr). The easy-to-use, peel-apart packaging keeps the catheter sterile until open. Two way catheters help in the management of avoiding dysfunction.
- Bardia Foley Catheters are made from silicone-coated latex which provides protection against urethral irritation
- These 2-way catheters have 2 opposing eyes for drainage
- Made from a hydrophobic material that rejects moisture
Who should be using a Bardia Foley Catheter
Catheters are used to help drain urine from the bladder and prevent waste from building up in the renal system, reducing the risk of urinary tract infections and kidney failure.
A healthcare provider may recommend a catheter for individuals who experience
- Urinary incontinence such as leaking urine or inability to control when to urinate
- Urinary retention- unable to relieve bladder when needed
- Other health issues such as spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, dementia
- Need for use with selected surgical procedures
- Prolonged immobilization
How do you use or apply Bardia Foley Catheter?
Two-way catheters have two channels - one channel is used to drain urine while the other channel fills the retention balloon. Inflate the retention balloon to securely hold the Foley indwelling catheter.
To use the Foley catheter,
- Wash hands thoroughly and apply gloves to maintain sterility throughout the application.
- Cover 2 - 5 cm of the balloon with lubricant.
- For male patients, use non-dominant hand to hold penis. For female patients, use non-dominant hand to separate labia.
- Clean the perineal area with your dominant hand using a cleansing solution. For perfect cleansing, use a swab and swipe in the direction inner to outer and anterior to posterior.
- Hold the foley catheter loosely wrapped in the palm of your dominant hand.
- Locate the urinary opening and gently insert the catheter inside it.
- The outflow of urine means proper insertion of the catheter into the bladder. Always ensure proper insertion before inflating the balloon.
- Inflate the balloon through the injection channel with correct amount of sterile water to hold the foley catheter in place.
- Gently pull on the catheter to ensure the balloon is snug in bladder.
- Connect urinary drainage bag to the catheter and place bag below level of the bladder.
|Material||Silicone Coated Latex|
|Securing Method||30 cc Balloon|
|Tip Type||Standard Tip|
|Latex Free Indicator||Contains Latex|