About First Aid Treatments
First aid kits often include ointments and creams for the external treatment of abrasions, minor cuts, surface injuries, and superficial fungus infections of the skin. Whether your loved one is dealing with a diaper rash due to incontinence, a burn that requires soothing, or relief from allergic reactions, we have a variety of treatment options to keep on hand such as:
- Antibiotic Ointment & Burn Aid - Ointments, pastes, creams and solutions to soothe cuts, scrapes and burns, and provide relief of skin irritation.
- Allergy & Itch Relief - Creams, towelettes, and allergy tablets to relieve inflammation and itching due to minor skin irritations.
- Rash Treatment - Skin protectant and rash creams that provide long-lasting protection that nourishes the skin.
- Scar Treatment - Moisturizers to improve the appearance of scars (old and new), stretch marks and uneven skin tone.
- Pinworm & Lice Treatment - Treatment kits to kill lice and their eggs; available for hair and scalp as well as bedding and furniture.
What does MEDIHONEY do for a wound?
MEDIHONEY is great at pulling moisture from wounds to “dehydrate” bacteria. Basically, it means it decreases bacterial growth within the wound. It also has an anti-inflammatory effect that helps speed the healing time of existing wounds and reduces pain.
What is Neosporin Original ointment used for?
This medication is used to prevent and treat minor skin infections caused by small cuts, scrapes, or burns. This is an over-the-counter product for small wounds.
Is Neosporin a good antibiotic?
Neosporin is a safe antibiotic for most people’s minor skin wounds.
What is tongue depressor used for in a first aid kit?
Tongue depressors hold down the tongue, allowing for a clear view of the back of the mouth, throat or teeth for examination.
Can scars go away permanently?
Scars do not completely go away, but they can fade over time. Bio-Oil’s Moisturizer Scar treatment helps improve the appearance of pigmentation marks and blemishes of both new and old scars.
Best Products to Include in a Caregiver's First Aid Kit Best Wound Care Products for Seniors Emergencies 101: Building the Perfect First Aid Kit Vinyl vs Nitrile vs Latex Gloves Sunburn Prevention and Treatment: Tips for Caregivers and Recommended Products Prevent and Treat Bedsores Summer Skin Care: 5 Quick Tips for Preventing Rashes and Odors