About HealthSmart Compact Instant Read Infrared Digital Ear Thermometer:
HealthSmart’s Compact Instant Read Infrared Digital Ear Thermometer features up-to-date infrared technology to deliver the most accurate results in seconds. Compact and easy to use, this thermometer features a convenient color-coded indicator around the measurement button that turns red if your temperature is above 100.4 degrees F and turns green if no fever is present. Results are displayed on a high contrast, backlit LCD screen. Includes dual scale reading in both Fahrenheit and Celsius and has the capacity for nine-reading memory storage for progress tracking. This HealthSmart Infrared Digital Ear thermometer measures ear and ambient (air) temperatures.
Key Benefits & Features
- The HealthSmart Compact Instant Read Infrared Digital Ear Thermometer uses up-to-date infrared technology to instantly deliver clinically accurate readings.
- This digital thermometer features a color-coded fever alarm.
- LED light in-between the buttons, turns red when temperature is above 100.4° F and green if there is no fever present.
- Compact and easy to use, this digital thermometer displays date and time stamp with nine-reading memory storage for easy progress tracking
- Includes: Fahrenheit/Celsius readouts, auto shut-off, two AAA batteries, safety cap to keep the probe tip clean, instructions in English and Spanish.
Who Should Be Using This Product?
Those in need of a temperature reading.
How Do You Use Or Apply This Product?
Since temperatures in the right ear may differ from the left, it’s helpful to consistently use the same ear for each reading. Before use, check to see if the infrared sensor is clean. Use a cotton swab moistened with alcohol to clean the infrared sensor. Then wipe with a clean cotton swab and wait 20 minutes for the sensor to completely dry.
To take a reading
- Remove the probe cap and turn on the thermometer.
- Insert the probe gently and slowly into the ear canal. Hold the thermometer so the probe faces straight in the direction of the eardrum. It is important to point the probe tip toward the eardrum and is inserted inside the ear canal until slight resistance is felt.
- Hold the outer ear and gently pull it up and toward the back of the head to straighten the ear canal.
- Always insert the thermometer into the same ear with the same direction and depth.
- Press and hold the SCAN button. The thermometer takes a reading and makes a ‘beep’ sound, indicating the measurement is complete.
- Remove the thermometer from the ear canal. The thermometer will display the result on the backlit LCD screen
- After the test is complete, press the M (Memory) button or wait 1 minute for the display to return to standby mode and display the ambient temperature. After 1 minute in standby mode, the thermometer will automatically shut OFF.
NOTE: The LED light between the Memory and Settings button will illuminate according to the temperature reading.
- GREEN = 93.2°F ~ 100.3°F (34.0°C ~ 37.9°C)
- RED = 100.4°F ~ 109.3°F (38.0°C ~ 42.9°C)
|Product||Compact Instant Read Infrared Digital Ear Thermometer|
|Measuring Range||89.6-109.3 F|
|Product Weight||53.54 g|