- McKesson Hydrocolloid Dressings are pliable, absorbent, and waterproof wound dressings that can provide an effective barrier to microorganisms.
- They help maintain a moist wound healing environment without over-hydrating the wound bed.
- They are generally recommended as an appropriate dressing for a wide range of wounds, including pressure ulcers, minor injuries, leg ulcers and burns. Dressing remains in place up to 7 days.
- Hydrocolloid layer reacts with cellular material from the wound to form a gel-like covering to help maintain a moist wound environment.
- Cohesive dressing removal system does not break down or leave residue in the wound and facilitates easy removal without tearing the dressing or skin. Wound contact layer remains intact and minimizes potential wound bed disturbance.
- Low-profile rounded corners and smooth tapered design helps reduce edge roll-up and risk of shear and friction.
- Semi-transparent outer layer permits wound site visualization without removing dressing.
- Highly absorbent inner layer effectively removes exudates from the wound and facilitates granulation, epithelization, and autolysis.
- Moisture resistant outer barrier film helps prevent urine, feces and/or moisture from penetrating the dressing reducing the risk of contamination to the wound.
- Up to 7 day wear time provides undisturbed moist wound environment, enhances healing, minimizes skin maceration, and reduces frequency of dressing changes.
- Available in multiple shapes and sizes to fit caregiver needs including hard-to-dress areas such as the sacrum, heel, and elbow.
- Available with film-backing or foam-backing to suit various application needs.
|Backing Material||Film Backing|
|Material||Hydrocolloid / Film|
|Latex Free Indicator||Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex|