Ensure Original Nutrition Powder is a delicious, nutritious alternative to liquid drinks. Just add ½ cup of powder to water, and enjoy a freshly mixed Ensure shake wherever you are. With 240 nutritious calories and 9 grams of protein, these shakes help you enjoy complete, balanced nutrition. Improve overall wellness with 24 essential vitamins and minerals, including antioxidants, which have been proven to prevent heart-disease and the onset of cancer. The convenient powder form makes it easy to incorporate extra nutrition in your favorite smoothies and recipes - you can even bake it into cakes and muffins. Whether you’re looking for added nutrition or just a more storage-friendly way to enjoy Ensure Original, this powder helps you enjoy convenient, balanced nutrition!
- Convenient, powder-form makes storage a breeze - plus, you can control the amount of powder you want to add to water or milk. Note that this will change the nutrient profile, and adding the powder to milk will make the drink no longer suitable for lactose-intolerance.
- Easily bake this nutrition powder into cookies, cakes, muffins, or whatever else you may want for a delicious, nutritious treat. That way, you or your loved one can hit your nutrition goals and still enjoy real food. Just mix the powder into the liquid ingredients in your baking (melted butter, milk, whatever you’re using!) and bake as usual!
- Mix into smoothies for an extra boost of nutrition
- 9 grams of high-quality protein helps maintain muscle mass and energy
- 24 essential vitamins and minerals promote a complete, balanced diet
- Added antioxidants help fight against the onset of cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses
- 250 nutritious calories keep you full and energized
- Delicious vanilla flavor is just like your favorite milkshake
- Under doctor supervision, these can be used as sole-source nutrition
- Suitable for lactose intolerance, though not galactosemia
- Gluten-free, Kosher, and Halal
Who Should Use These?
Ensure Original Nutrition Powder is ideal for:
- Cooking or baking into meals
- Added nutrition for those that struggle to meet daily values with food alone
- Dysphagia, or difficulty swallowing (for those that can tolerate “thin liquids”)
- Weight gain or maintenance
- Weight loss, when replacing a small meal or snack
|Calories per Serving||240 Calories|
|Container Size||14 oz. Container|
Serving size should be determined by a medical professional and is dependent on age, body weight, and medical condition of the patient.
Nutrition facts based on adding 1/2 cup powder to water. Note that these values will change based on what the powder is added to.
|Calories per Serving||250 Calories|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol||Less than 5 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Total Sugars||12 g|
Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Corn Oil, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Soy Protein Isolate, Artificial Flavor, Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate. Less than 0.5% of: Potassium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Niacinamide, Ferrous Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Vitamin D3, and Cyanocobalamin.
Contains milk and soy ingredients
- Pour 3/4 coup of cold water into a glass
- Measure out 1/2 cup Ensure Original Powder. Gradually stir into the water until dissolved
- Be sure to use immediately or refrigerate and use within 24 hours
- Use the lid to seal the container and store in a cool, dry place (not refrigerated)
- Once the container is opened, use the powder within 3 weeks
It’s also safe to heat or freeze Ensure Powder, once it’s mixed into a liquid. If you’re baking with Ensure Powder, make sure you mix it into your liquid ingredients so that it dissolves properly.
Note that if you aren’t using the general instructions, the nutrition facts will vary depending on what you’re adding the powder to. For those that are lactose-intolerant, you should not add Ensure Powder to any product or recipe including milk.