- Provide a physical moisture barrier, keeping feces, urine and wound drainage from intact and injured skin.
- Menthol has been shown to cause vasodilation. This may increase circulation to an area and aid in healing.
- Mild antiseptic ingredients may help prevent secondary bacterial and fungal infections of the skin.
Uses for Calmoseptine Ointment Moisture Barrier Ointment:
Calmoseptine Ointment was originally developed by a pharmacist for use as a diaper rash ointment for infants. Since its introduction 80 years ago, many other uses have been found. The following list has been compiled from feedback from doctors,nurses and other healthcare professionals who have used Calmoseptine Ointment.
- Diaper Rash in Full-Term Infants through Adults
- Skin Protection in Incontinent Adults
- Relieves Pain and Helps Promote Healing
- Skin Protection around Feeding and Drainage Tube Sites
- Protection for Peri-wound Skin
- Stage 1 Pressure Ulcers
- Minor Burns, Cuts, Scrapes
- Skin Folds, other moist areas subject to fungal infections
- Perianal Soreness and Dermatitis
- Eczema and Psoriasis
- Rectal Itch; Hemorrhoids; Anal Fissures
- Perianal Protection with Ileoanal Reservoirs (J-pouches)
|Active Ingredients||Menthol / Zinc Oxide|